Senior Software Engineer
Arachnys is a pioneer in fighting financial crime worldwide by placing detailed information at the finger tips of users from big businesses to investigative journalists. We use a world class user experience coupled with advanced search and data to help users find the“needle in the haystack” that makes the difference.
We're currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team; you’ll help us design and deliver cool new features that will be used by big customers all over the world, take the lead and drive improvements for our platform making testing and future changes easy, and continuous learning and improving as new challenges arise.
- What’s different about us?
- No rockstar coders or brilliant jerks— just great people solving hard problems for real customers.
- Anyone can get involved with any part of our system— front-end developers can write Hadoop jobs if they fancy
- We’re proud of our product- we are uncompromising withquality, while not being scared of pushing back on customer demands.(A top bank recently told us that we were the first supplier that had asked them,"Why?", about their requirements.)
- No check list of skills to apply- we like to hire smart people who enjoy what they’re doing and can pick up new skills when needed
- What hard problems are we solving?
- Big data: we have a huge news cluster that we do millions of searches a day against
- We aim to link data from many different sources to find to help users to find great insights
- UX: We’re building a single platform for very different customers with very different demands and use-cases. Transforming it into a coherent and useful product.
- As we’re growing quickly and selling into big organisations we have to scale up, both our systems and infrastructure but also ourselves.
- Whats great about our culture?
- We work hard but it’s never“ Crunch-Time” for us. No sleeping under desks or long days.
- Amazing communication between roles in the company. Developers chat to sales/marketing/AMs all the time, asking for feedback and input both ways.
- We use the best technology to solveproblems, whether it’s something new or something established
- Testing comes first; we practice TDD and have a great QA team to help us identify problems before they become an issue and are always looking for new ways to improve
- We are always learning and trying to improve; we do weekly training, encourage collaborative design and pairing improvement, mutual learning
Arachnys is a workflow automation platform to analyse and prevent financial crime. Our enterprise-grade platform enables banks and multinational organisations to onboard customers, distributors and partners faster and to handle risks more efficiently. We streamline existing search and reporting processes to accelerate them by 2x or more. Arachnys’ customers include global top-10 banks, big 4 advisory firms and large multinationals.
- We never run out of coffee/snacks/craft-beer
- Weekly training sessions where one of the team presents a new technology or we watch and discuss a talk from experts
- Regular company wide social lunches, events and talks
- We’ve got great infrastructure for working from home(easy to drop-in hangouts, a lot of communication over chat and GitHub)
- Great collaborative environment. Everyone wants to improve and get better at coding.
- Any hardware or software you need to work efficiently
- Micro-bonuses exchangeable for everything from Spotify to hair cuts