We pair extraordinary UX with vast data sources to prevent financial crime worldwide. Arachnys is a workflow automation platform to analyse and prevent financial crime. We produce and maintain an enterprise-grade platform, enabling banks and multinationals to handle risks more efficiently and onboard customers, suppliers and partners. Our partners include global top-10 banks, big four advisory firms and large multinationals.
Why are we different?
- We collaborate to solve hard problems for real customers; we never dump it all, or rely on rockstar coders.
- We’re committed to delivering quality, and we’re never afraid of pushing back on customer demands. A top bank recently told us we were the first supplier that had asked them “Why?” about their requirements.
- We encourage colleagues to try and fail, rather than not try at all.
- We don’t follow test scripts (like zombies) - we prod buttons and boxes you wouldn’t even think to put in a test script.
What hard problems are we solving?
- Big data: we have a news cluster of a 160TB+ that we do millions of searches a day against.
- We’re using graph databases to figure out who owns what using messy data from corporate registries, news and other sources.
- UX: We’re building a single product for very different customers with very different demands and use-cases. Transforming it into a coherent and useful product.
- As we’re growing quickly and selling into big organisations we have to scale up, especially around running thousands of searches in parallel over different sources.
Whats great about our culture?
- We work hard but it’s never “Crunch-Time” for us. No sleeping under desks or 14-hour days.
- Amazing communication between roles in the company. The tech team chat to sales/marketing/AMs all the time, asking for feedback and input both ways.
- We use the best technology to solve problems, whether it’s something new or something established.
- Manually testing all new features before release.
- Design and execute test plans and develop strategy.
- Tracking down bugs.
- Root cause analysis.
- Exploratory testing of edge cases.
- Working with Developers to ensure high quality releases.
- Reviewing work of development team.
- Build your own tests and developing strategy.
- You’re inquisitive.
- You’re not satisfied with just identifying the bug, you want to understand why it’s there.
- Curious about software architecture, you want to understand how software fits together.
- You want to learn about coding (although you don’t need to know any right now).
- Great collaborative environment. Everyone wants to improve and get better at coding.
- Weekly training sessions where one of the team presents a new technology or we watch and discuss a talk from experts.
- We’ve got great infrastructure for working from home (easy to drop-in hangouts, a lot of communication over chat and GitHub).
- Or hang out in the office, where we never run out coffee/snacks/craft-beer.
We’re proud to have a team made up of individuals from all over the world. We’re passionate about diversity, and we believe variety in age, race, disability, gender or sexual orientation enhances our work and our environment.