We use 120TB+ of data coupled with world class user experience to help prevent financial crime worldwide, at the moment we're looking for a Product Designer who will also help with front-end development.
Arachnys is a workflow automation platform to analyse and prevent financial crime. Our enterprise-grade platform enables banks and multinational organisations to onboard customers, distributors and partners faster and to handle risks more efficiently. We streamline existing search and reporting processes to accelerate them by 2x or more. Arachnys’ customers include global top-10 banks, big 4 advisory firms and large multinationals.
Amongst the technologies we use are: Python, JS (ES6/CoffeeScript), Docker, Go, TDD, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Terraform, Ansible and Neo4j.
Role and responsibilities
- Create functional prototypes, mock-ups and visual designs for new products and features
- Communicate strategic vision internally and externally through visual prototypes, mock-ups and presentations
- Collaborate with engineers, customers and internal subject matter experts to build and present solutions to complex business problems
- Rapidly build product prototypes and product videos to clearly communicate new product ideas during early client engagements
- Present solutions and our products externally to partners, customers and other external stakeholders
- Work closely with Product Managers and customer facing teams to define a clear specification for delivering product iterations and features
- Assure product iterations and features against their value for customers and users
- What’s different about us?
- No rockstar coders or brilliant jerks — just great people solving hard problems for real customers
- Anyone can get involved with any part of our system — front-end developers can write Hadoop jobs if they fancy
- We have a relentless focus on delivering quality, while not being scared of pushing back on customer demands. (A top bank recently told us that we were the first supplier that had asked them, "Why?", about their requirements.)
- What hard problems are we solving?
- Design: We’re building a single product for very different customers with very different demands and use-cases. Transforming it into a coherent and useful product.
- Big data: we have a news cluster of a 120TB+ that we do millions of searches a day against
- As we’re growing quickly and selling into big organisations we have to scale up, especially around running thousands of searches in parallel over different sources.
- Whats great about our culture?
- We work hard but it’s never “Crunch-Time” for us. No sleeping under desks or 14-hour days.
- Amazing communication between roles in the company. Developers chat to sales/marketing/AMs all the time, asking for feedback and input both ways.
- We use the best technology to solve problems, whether it’s something new or something established
- Experience in product designer role for a technology company
- Experience with visual design and presentations aimed at Enterprise customers
- Experience in working with large Enterprise clients
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Nice to have
- User experience design experience
- Backend development experience (i.e. Python)
- Familiarity with product development methodologies (agile, SCRUM etc)
We're proud to have a team made up of individuals from all over the world. We're passionate about diversity, and we believe variety in age, race, disability, gender or sexual orientation enhances our work and our environment.
- We never run out of coffee/snacks/craft-beer
- Weekly training sessions where one of the team presents a new technology or we watch and discuss a talk from experts
- We’ve got great infrastructure for working from home (easy to drop-in hangouts, a lot of communication over chat and GitHub)
- Great collaborative environment. Everyone wants to improve and get better at coding.